: April 2020
There are a number of ideas that churches and members of our congregations are continuing to be part of the church community. Easter has seen the creative side of many of you and Claire from Hutton Rudby has compiled a little snapshot of some of the Easter crosses, decorations and Easter gardens that have been shared with us.
Other ideas from across the circuit include:
- Lighting a candle on Sunday as a visible symbol of the light of life, Jesus Christ.
- Great Ayton members have been asked to make ONE CALL A DAY to someone else in their church family. It doesn't have to be long, but ask them how they are doing and what you can pray for them for. Talk about church updates and check if they know what's going on in Church-life. If you feel comfortable please pray for them over the phone.
- Great Ayton also held a 'virtual' Easter breakfast. Instead of being able to meet in person, they continued their fellowship by having had breakfast in their own homes and meeting online.
- Sudy groups in Great Ayton, Hutton Rudby and Stokesley have also been meeting online on a regular basis. Tricia C. at Hutton Rudby has been using Facebook messenger and other ways to share scripture or inspirational messages in a quick way when God puts people on her heart.
- Children have been putting up colourful pictures of rainbows in their windows in a bid to spread hope and happiness during the pandemic. You could collect stones from your garden and paint a rainbow and an Easter message or Biblical quote and leave one at the end of a drive / garden of a neighbour.
-Please continue to send in your stories, greetings to the church, jokes, helpful advice or words of encouragement to your Notices Secretaries and they can pass them on to the rest of the churches who have newsletters and we can share them on here as well.
You may also be interested in
We're looking forward to a weekend of live, new and local broadcasts on 24th and 25th of October. We are really excited to bring you some amazing shows and great music. Please spread the word far and wide! It is not too late to get involved either! Want to introduce your favourite song one the radio and say why you love it, then simply record it into your phone and send it to...
The Hub at Hutton Rudby Chapel is now open for you to sit in for your cuppa & cake — you'll still be able to get a takeaway too! 2 — 4 pm Monday 10 am -12 noon Thursdays and Fridays. Things will look at little different, and there have been some changes made to the way we do things to ensure as safe an environment as we can for both for our volunteers and our customers. Please take note...
Details of this week's physical and online worship are as follows:Sunday 25th October Churches open for physical worshipGreat Ayton 10.30am led by Arthur Noble Remember, you'll need to book your place in church for this service and we will be streaming as usual. Book your seat: email@example.com, 07530 111912 or 01642 974198. Stokesley 10.30am led by Katherine Atha...